Day 3 - Friday, 3 Oct, 09:30 AM
In this Lightning Talk, I will start by questioning whether a product has the ability to change behavior and create impact in society. Examples presented will guide the audience to think about several products from negative ones such as guns to positive ones such as Google Glass.
We will also look at:
- Areas which can be positively affected by design for behaviour change.
- Areas in which design for impact can be used.
- What social problems are (for which you design if you want to create impact through your design in society).
- How we can deconstruct social problems so that designers understand them better.
- An overview of theories that can be used to think about the influence products have on society/humans.
- Start thinking about how one can change the society for the betterment of people.
- Learn why social problems exist and how to understand them.
- Learn different theories exploring how products change behaviour.
- Learn how to apply the N Tromp (2013) framework called 'Social Design' to show some design strategies and tactics.