Day 2 - Thursday, 2 Oct, 14:00 PMWhen you think
of the word “entrepreneur”, it’s likely that the first thing that comes to mind
is someone who starts a business. But in our own different ways, and especially
as UX people, we are all entrepreneurs.
matter if you work by yourself or for a huge multinational, whether you are working
in the mailroom or are the global CEO – we could all benefit from adopting a
more entrepreneurial mindset in our work.
workshop is a practical introduction to thinking like an entrepreneur. You’ll
find it lively, interesting and full of actionable takeaways regardless of your
hands-on exercises, group discussions and real-life examples, we will cover:
Participants will learn
- What is an entrepreneur?
- What are the traits of a good
- Your entrepreneurial profile (Heart,
Smarts, Guts, Luck)
- What does it mean to ‘think like an entrepreneur’?
- Detailed tips on essential entrepreneurial
- Recommended reading
Who should attend
- Your entrepreneurial profile, by way of a fun survey
- The warts-and-all stories of some of the mistakes Trent has made in building several UX businesses
- A “greatest hits” of ideas and best practice to help you think like an entrepreneur, including a comprehensive reading list
- Practical tips and tricks to help you:
- Make great decisions and avoid your biases
- Sell your ideas
- Build or be a part of high-performing teams
- Be more optimistic
- Employees of any size organisation who want to make a bigger
impact in the work they do
- Entrepreneurs who have already started a business (even if
they don’t think of themselves as entrepreneurs)
- People who are thinking of starting a business
- Social entrepreneurs who want to use their UX talent for
- Employees of not-for-profit or
government agencies who want to learn about introducing more innovative
thinking at their organisation
The session will be in English language.